Let’s Get Your Car Ready For Winter
Happy Holidays from everyone at Auto Excel in Lexington. Before you head out on those long holiday drives, be sure your vehicle is up to the task. Here are some tips to help keep you safe and sound:
- Check your engine to be sure it has the right motor oil and everything is firing on time.
- Replace your air, fuel and PCV filters to ensure your vehicle is performing properly.
- Change your oil and oil filter regularly and be sure you have the right motor oil for colder seasons.
- Coolant exchange and refill your cooling system with 50 percent antifreeze and 50 percent water.
- Check both your heater and defroster so you can better see where you’re going.
- Replace your windshield wiper blades and have several sharp ice scrapers on hand.
- Check your battery. Without electricity, you’re going nowhere fast.
- Inspect all lights and bulbs and clean your lens covers.
- Check your tire for tread depth, uneven wear, and proper air pressure.
- Check your alignment and suspension as failing suspension can reduce your ability to stop when you step on your brakes.
- Be sure your brakes are in good working order.
- Check your transmission fluid and overall working performance.
- Carry an emergency kit complete with:
- Sand or kitty litter
- A working flashlight with extra batteries
- A cell phone and extra portable charger
- High energy protein snacks.
Sure, you could do some of this yourself. Or, you can take the worry out of it by letting the ASE-Certified auto mechanics at Auto Excel do it for you. Call today for your appointment.