Once you've owned a vehicle for a while, you kind of work out a groove. You can tell exactly when she needs a tune-up, when her brakes need a little tweaking and when her tires need some pressure. If you haven't worked out a groove with your car, don't worry; it'll happen with time. Before then, here are a few pointers to keep her happy; happy car, happy life.
What Makes Up a Vehicle Tune-up?
Here are a few services that are usually a part of your vehicle tune-up.
- Oil change- The mechanic will usually change the oil and other fluids. Keeping your engine cleaner will give you more mileage.
- Safety inspection- In some states, getting a safety inspection and pass to drive your vehicle around is mandatory. This is crucial in the prevention of road accidents caused by un-roadworthy vehicles.
- Mechanical repair- Any issues turned up by the safety inspection are usually fixed by a mechanical repair.
Signs That My Car Needs a Tune-up
If your dashboard is lit up like the fourth of July, it's time to bring her in. Your car may run fine with the lights on, but those lights are a ticking time bomb.
- Unusual noises coming from the car
As you get used to your car, you will get used to some noises that happen when she's strained. However, some noises that persist need to be checked by a professional. Did you know that some mechanics can tell the problem just by listening to the car?
- Your car starts stalling out
It can be quite inconvenient when your car stalls out at the most inopportune time, but this could be your car's way of asking for a trip to the auto repair shop. Stalling is usually a sign that your battery has died out, a fuel pump is malfunctioning, and the car has ignition issues.
Does your car need a tune-up? We invite you to bring your vehicle to Auto Excel today; we offer the best tune-up services; she deserves nothing but the best.